Lacy white tights came with outfits in these three series.
- 160s – Cornsilk Series 1: Beautiful Dresses
- 718-724 – Cornsilk Series 3: Beautiful Dresses Pt. 2
- Satin/Damask twin party dresses
Apparently, the tights come in a variety of patterns. I have found four patterns so far. I named and numbered them to make it easier to distinguish between them.
I have several possible theories regarding why there are so many patterns.
- They vary based on the factory of production.
- They vary based on when the outfit was produced.
- They vary based on the series they came in (somewhat related to the factory, but not quite).
What I Know
- The 160s series was manufactured primarily by the KT factory, but a few outfits were produced by the OK factory. Most of the twin dresses were produced by the P factory, although a few were made by KT, and the 718-724 series was produced entirely by the KT factory.
- The 160s Series and the twin outfits came out in 1985 and most likely stopped production in 1986. The 718-724 series came out in 1987 and most likely stopped being manufactured by 1988, if not before.
I do not have enough data to even guess which theories (or another unconsidered one) are correct. Can you help?
If you have an outfit with lacy tights, and you know it came together as an outfit, can you please send me the following:
- Which lace pattern it is (or a picture if it is a new pattern)
- Factory of the outfit
- The clothing code of the outfit (e.g. 162H)
- If it is a twin outfit, did it comes on a set of twins, or an individually boxed kid?
- If it is a twin outfit, is it the sateen version or the non-sateen version?
One outfit comes with BLACK lacy tights, the Girl’s Spanish World Traveler. This outfit was made by two factories. Do you have an OK version to compare to this PMI version? It looks a lot like #3 Trillium above.
Jump to: World Traveler Wear