Jump to: CPK Shoe Summary
I do not have any examples of Hong Kong period booties, so I do not know if there are any significant differences.
Yellow and white booties came with one regular-sized outfit, and white booties came with several preemie outfits.
- Outfit #9 – Bubble Romper: The booties match the colour, tension, and knit pattern of the sweater.
- Preemie outfit #1 – Gown with Vest
- Preemie outfit #2 – Hooded Gown
- Preemie outfit #3 – Gown with Hooded Blanket
- Preemie outfit #4 – Gown with square yoke
- Preemie outfit #5 – A-Line Gown
- Preemie outfit #6 – Frilly Gown
- BSeries Outfit B502 – Hooded Frilly Gown
- BSeries Outfit B503 – Hooded Frilly blanket with tie and gown
- I think all the outfits in the 1987 Preemie Mimic Series, #707 – #716, came with OK factory-made booties. I still need to confirm one or two through MIB kids.
So far I know that booties were manufactured by the following factories:
- KT (only made Bubble Romper booties)
- PMI (only made Bubble Romper booties)
- IC (only made Bubble Romper booties)
- SS (only made preemie booties)
- FW (only made preemie booties)
- CC (only made preemie booties)
- FD (only made preemie booties)
It seems that each factory used a different knitting pattern. You can see visual differences between them. I have one pattern that I cannot associate with a factory, but I think it might be the CC factory. I am still missing examples of many factories. Do you have them?
The booties also appear to come in two different sizes, but I do not know why. It would make sense that the larger ones were for the #9 Bubble Romper outfit and regular-sized kids, while the smaller ones were for the preemie outfits. However, I have seen the smaller-sized booties in yellow, which never came with the preemie outfits.
I have never seen booties separately packaged like other CPK shoes.
Foreign factories did produce booties. The Triang-Pedigree are a lot like P factory booties.